Television personality, chef, author, and outdoor adventurer Georgia Pellegrini has quickly become known as a contemporary Martha Stewart, working to help women tap into their modern-day pioneer spirit by teaching them critical skills for today's well-rounded female entrepreneur.
Georgia’s path came full circle after asking herself, “When am I the happiest?” From growing up on family-owned land and literally hunting her breakfast, to working long hours on the trading floor of Wall Street, and then back to her roots, Georgia shares five practical tips for today’s entrepreneurs on our latest Able Radio show.
- Grow your brand slowly and organically. Do not forget that the biggest and most successful brands grew over long periods of time by chipping away little by little — not from a big explosion.
- Invest in a Myers-Briggs personality test—it surprised me by confirming I’m actually an introvert and that to recharge I need to be alone at the end of the day. Learning about who you are helps develop your strengths and makes you realize your weaknesses.
- Surround yourself with people who are smarter than you, even though it takes time to create that ecosystem. Then do not be afraid to reach out to that network when you need help.
- No one is going to care as much as you do, so make sure to protect your vulnerabilities. Keep this in mind while developing your team, and delegating tasks to them.
- Keep your business lean, especially while raising money, and make sure to stay nimble. This allows you to evolve organically and adapt quickly.
Listen to the full-length version of our podcast with Georgia here.
We’re new to this so we’d love your feedback: what would you like to hear more about? Want to be a guest yourself? Or have someone we could interview? Drop us a note at email@example.com.