Able is a financial technology company that serves the “Fortune 5 Million”— the millions of small businesses in the United States who together create two out of every three jobs — by offering low-interest term loans through novel underwriting and loan structures. Able is backed by Mike Maples, Jr. of Floodgate (the seed investor in Twitter) and Peter Thiel of Founders Fund (the seed investor in Facebook) and is headquartered in Austin, TX. Learn more in this blog post.
The Lead Business Advocate will conceive and build out the borrower-facing underwriting procedure and experience, entailing direct customer service of small businesses as well as broader team design, recruiting, and management. You will ensure the complete collection of accurate personal and business financial information, ensure that the Able credit team has what they need to process the underwriting, and then will work with the SMB owner to develop financing plan. You will work with the director of credit to approve all loans made. You will straddle external and internal roles: (1) external: you will be part of the community as Able scales getting to know SMB owners and networks of owners, including meeting with each individual borrowers during the early launch in new markets; (2) internal: you will be core to the underwriting/credit team both making decisions about individual loan approvals as well as contributing to the overall underwriting process.
- experience in directly underwriting small business loans
- experience in working with SMBs to build financial models and plans
- fluent in building and manipulating SMB financial models
- strong knowledge of credit data sources and products
- knowledge and interest in social media data
- graduate work in business, finance, or accounting preferred
- desire to be part of a fast growing team, taking on many roles as necessary
- desire to grow into leadership / management position
Could this be you? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.