Able is a financial technology company that serves the “Fortune 5 Million”— the millions of small businesses in the United States who together create two out of every three jobs — by offering low-interest term loans through novel underwriting and loan structures. Able is backed by Mike Maples, Jr. of Floodgate (the seed investor in Twitter) and Peter Thiel of Founders Fund (the seed investor in Facebook) and is headquartered downtown in Austin, TX. Learn more in this blog post.
Come work with an exceptional team of engineers and designers trying to fundamentally rethink how small businesses grow and get financed. We’re building sophisticated applications using Python, Flask, SQLAlchemy and Angular.js.
Examples of projects you’ll be working on:
- Developing user-facing products and the underlying web services they will depend on
- Prototyping internal tools to aid market analysis and lead generation
- Experimenting and refining our data pipeline for managing customer credit risk
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Strong CS fundamentals including standard algorithms and data structures
What we like to see:
- Experience with Python a plus
- Understanding of architectural patterns for large-scale web applications
- You enjoy spending each day dreaming up creative solutions to difficult problems
- You value good design and building high-quality products used by real people
- The latest Apple hardware
- Breakfast tacos
- A weekly company-paid lunch
- Fridge stocked with snacks and drinks
- Team outings: standup paddleboarding, karaoke, game nights.
Could this be you? Email us at email@example.com.